Friday, 20 April 2018

WHITIANGA WEATHER

Congratulations to Mercury Bay Community Board grant recipients

Congratulations to Mercury Bay Community Board grant recipients

TCDC's Community Boards have allocated their grants, which are intended to support not-for-profit organisations which have a positive impact on the community.

Some of the recipients include museums, community gardens, Scouting groups, RSAs, schools, kindergartens and sports clubs.

Mercury Bay

·         Off Beat Theatre company $2250 for the installation and purchase of black-out curtains.

·         The Parenting Place $400 for its "Delivery of Attitude," presentations at the Mercury Bay Area School.

·         Mercury Bay Business Association $2000 for Christmas lights for the town centre.

·         Whitianga Scouts $6000 for architect fees for its new den. This is because they have raised $114k themselves but needed an additional $6k to apply for other external funding.

·         Mercury Bay Community Support Trust $3000 for its day camp set-up costs.

·         Whitianga Half Marathon $2500 for set-up costs.

·         Mercury Bay Seaside Carnival $560 for set-up costs.

·         Matarangi Ratepayers Association $1000 for promotion and prizes for its summer carnival.

$17,710 was allocated out of the Board's $20,000 community grants and $20,000 events funds.

 

Grants to be provided from the Cultural & Heritage Fund:

·         Mercury Bay Museum Trust $3000 for the upgrade of its Dairy Factory exhibition.

·         Kotare Reserve Memorial Garden Trust $1500 to help towards build an entrance wall, historical wall and the first memorial wall along with initial planting and landscaping.

 

LATEST WEEKLY ISSUE

ONLINE POLL

Should all of the Thames Coromandel District Council ratepayers pay for a state-of-the-art "sub-regional" aquatic centre in Thames?

The Mercury Bay Informer is a highly popular community newspaper, based in Whitianga. The paper is distributed throughout the Coromandel Peninsula, coast to coast from Thames to north of Colville.